Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Never lift weights lighter than your purse. ;)

Hey guys!
    
     I just want to first of all say thank you to those who started following my blog and who helped share my page. Its amazing to know people are reading it. My goal with this blog and also with the Sweat Pink movement is to inspire and educate you all to live healthy lives. Its important for you to be healthy whether you are a size 0 or size 20. I will be the first to tell you that 3 months ago I was NOT a healthy person. But since finding what it feels like to be healthy and active I wouldn't change it for the world.
    
     I wanted to kind of touch on weight lifting a little bit tonight. This is something that alot of women dont do, but absolutely should. Women feel that weight lifting is a men only thing. Your so wrong. Lifting helps you in a number of ways.
     If you are trying to lose weight its important to lift. Why? Well, because if you lose weight your pretty likely to have loose skin. Weight lifting will help firm up that skin and make you look toned.
     Weight lifting is also going to help boost your metabolism. It is proven that if you lift weights your metabolism is going to be raised long after you complete your workout. This is because your body is going to be in need of oxygen, and hence inscreases your metabolic rate. Your body will be in a fat buring zone longer.
     Even if your a smaller person naturally, you should also lift. You can ALWAYS tone your body up. You may have a small frame but do you have abs? How about toned biceps or legs. Lifting weights will do that for you.
    
     I recommend lifting 3-4 times a week. I can say that I have to remind myself to lift alot of the time because its so easy to get caught up in cardio. I LOVE cardio (I never thought I'd say that in my entire life) and my focus is on that alot of the time, but I really really enjoy lifting as well. Lift with your husband or boyfriend..its fun and you have someone to push you and make you work hard. And never ever lift weights lighter than your purse ladies. :)

     I am very excited to kill it in the gym tomorrow, I had my 'off' day Monday because I did a killer leg workout Sunday, so I was really really sore. Squats are amazing, but man I am sore. Im bad about remembering to stretch so I pay for it later.

     I think that tomorrow or thursday I will be writing about easy exercises you can do around the house, and also some you can do involving your kids. I dont have any kids yet but I found these and think their so cool. :) So in the mean time, do something healthy..do some crunches or pushups in between commercials tonight..

And did y'all switch out a drink with water yesterday??? Do it again tomorrow..but switch out 2 drinks with water this time. :)

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment